Position: Doctoral Researcher
Team: Evolution of angiosperms
Laboratoire Écologie, Systématique, Évolution
Bât. 360, rue du Doyen André Guinier
91405 Orsay Cedex
Email: perla.farhat (at) u-psud.fr
My research field is polyploidy and hybridization in Land plants (more specifically in gymnosperms) and more broadly plant genome evolution. Also, I have experience in the ecological restoration and plant conservation.
- 2016 – Present: PhD thesis, Genetic exploration of Juniper polyploidy in the Eastern Mediterranean region: Adaptive Values and evolutionary implications. Saint Joseph University, Lebanon and Paris Sud University, France.
- 2017: Guest Editor in Plant Sociology Journal for ECOPLANTMED international conference proceedings. Volume 54 (1) – Suppl.1- June 2017. http://www.scienzadellavegetazione.it/sisv/rivista/articoloCerca.do?idRivista=289&compatto
- 2016: Laboratory and field assistant at Saint Joseph University, Course: Plant Biology (second year biology).
- 2014-2015: Research assistant in ECOPLANTMED project; Ecological use of native plants for environmental restoration and sustainable development in the Mediterranean region. At Saint Joseph University- Mar roukoz.
- 2014: Master 2 (Research) in Applied Plant Biotechnology, Lebanese University, Hadat.
- 2013: Master 1 in Life Science and Environment, Lebanese University, Faculty of Sciences II, Fanar, Lebanon.
- 2012: Bachelor in biology, Lebanese University, Faculty of Sciences II, Fanar, Lebanon.
- Perla Farhat, Oriane Hidalgo, Thierry Robert, Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev, Ilia J. Leitch, Robert Adams, Magda Bou Dagher Kharrat. The surprising discovery of frequent polyploidy in the conifer genus Juniperus (Cupressaceae). February 2019. Submitted to New Phytologist ID NPH-MS-2019-29362.
- Perla Farhat, Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev, Robert P. Adams, Magda Bou Dagher Kharrat, Thierry Robert. Genome size variation and polyploidy in the geographical range of Juniperus sabina (Cupressaceae). February 2019. Submitted to Botany Letters ID TABG-2019-0028.
- Robert Adams, Perla Farhat, Lulëzim Shuka, Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev. (2018). Discovery of Juniperus sabina balkanensis R. P. Adams and A. N. Tashev in Albania and relictual polymorphisms found in nrDNA. 100 (3): 187-194.
- Book: Guide of Good Restoration Practices for Mediterranean Habitats. Publisher: Ecoplantmed, ENPI, CBC-MED, Editor: Marzo A, Herreros R & Zreik Ch. December 2015. (co-author).
- Manual for the propagation of selected Mediterranean native plant species. Publisher: Ecoplantmed, ENPI, CBC-MED, Editor: Daniel BALLESTEROS; Francesca MELONI; Gianluigi BACCHETTA, November 2015. (co-author).